The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Training Run #2

Well I ran my first group run on Sunday...and I have to say that now...I get it! I get the feeling and excitement that Swift Like the Wind felt after her first run. The feeling is powerful and addictive. You feel like you could run forever. There are seven people in our training group and I think we should be dubbed "the smart-ass group"!--Which I love. We just use are sarcasm to pound the pavement and keep on going. I only had to run 4 miles while the rest of the group ran 5 miles. (Because I'm a week behind.) I felt like I could have ran the entire distance. Next week I will jump and run the whole distance with the group. It is such a powerful atmosphere to be with people that have similar abilities, similar interests, and the same end goal. Everyone in the group makes it possible for everyone to reach the finish line.

What an awesome experience this is and will be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly
I would love to hear how long the runs are taking you....care to share?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Two Braids said...

The maintanence runs we are required to run last 30-45 minutes. The training runs vary because each week we are increasing in distance. Training Run #2 was 65 minutes (shorter for me because I only had to run 4 miles.)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home