The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Day One: Maintenance Run #1

Today was my first run...probablly since college! I ran three quarters of a mile and walked the rest of the loop for a total of 2.61 miles covered. Hearing from friends and a little light internet reading everyone says that one of the biggest mistakes rookies make is 1) over doing it and 2) not listening to their body (ouch my shins hurt, ah well I'll just keep going). So 3/4 of a mile I feel was just right. I stretched before and after, warmed up and cooled down, I feel good!

Robi will join the AIDS training group tomorrow and I'll join them next week. We decided to do this marathon at the 11th hour so I'm a step behind on the official registration process but hope I can take care of that this week and join them next week.

It feels good to really sweat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home