The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Stats

One thing I'll keep track of during this process is my weight and BMI. I am 5'7" and currently 167 lbs. My BMI is 26. Ideally I should be between 127-153 lbs and 20-25 BMI. My ideal weight would be 145 lbs and be back down to a size 10. The added benefit of training for a marathon, I'll loose a few pounds while maintaining a healthy diet. I have been trying to shed a few of the extra pounds in the past year and a half by participating in Weight Watchers. The program did truly help me begin to lose weight but work got in the way of my flexibility to attend meetings. Although I'm not currently actively participating in the meetings the program has taught me the invaluable lesson of portion control, choosing healthy foods, drinking water, and being active.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home