The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The adventure begins

We're going to run a marathon.

Robi and I are going to run a marathon.

So many thoughts, emotions, ideas have run through my head. Can I do this? Do I really want to do this? How will I do this. But in the end the thought that proves to be the strongest is that I can and want to do this and just finish the race no longer how long it takes. I guess Madeira's motto is having an effect on my views--Festina Lente or Make haste slowly.

This blog will be dedicate to our training, mental challenges, physical challenges as well as physical changes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home