The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Maintenance Run #3 and #4

I've started getting into the routine of the maintenance runs but they sure do take a lot of discipline. Wednesday it was raining so I ran on the treadmill. This certainly has pros and cons. Cons: the room is hot, you don't seem to really go anywhere, and there is a clock, pace timer, mile marker there to stare at me and taunt me until I finish. The only real pro I can think of is that the room is equiped with "cardio theather" so I can plug my headphones into a jack on the treadmill and be in pure delight as I watcch TV! Reruns of Seinfeild and The Simpsons. I'm sure the others in the room found my laughing out loud a bit of a distraction...but when you don't really have television, and you get to watch sitcoms for 45 minutes everything has a fresh coat of funny on it!

I ran this morning as well-a nice cool and crisp morning run. However I am struggling with my minds ability to wander and not focus on what I am doing. I find that I am bored as I run. I feel glued to my stopwatch, thinking, when am I done!?! And to think I have signed on for 26 miles of this? Yikes!

Any one out there have some advice for me so I don't feel like a hamster running on a wheel?

Day off tomorrow and 4 or 5 miles on Sunday. Also going to get new runnies! Maybe new running shoes will alleviate my bordem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home