The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Monday, September 04, 2006

New Shoes!

Well I finally got my new shoes. They are actually the same shoe, just in a wider width. I was able to run the whole 10 miles yesterday, still in pain but not nearly as much. If last week I was experiencing pain as a 7 out of 10 this week was only a 3! I most likely have bruised or sprained my foot a little bit but that will heal over time. I can run through the pain now which is not something I was willing to do a few weeks ago.

Next week is the second to last BIG run we'll do before the marathon-23 miles. I will be out of town for a wedding-so to "simulate" the 23 I'll run 11 miles Thursday night and then 11 miles Friday morning! I just need to remember to stretch EVERYTIME we get out of the car. I'll also miss the party after the run. I've put Robi in charge of taking pictures for me.

Nothing else really exciting this week. I'll post next week after my back to back 11 mile runs!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't my babies cute?
Mom Jones

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home