The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Run Through the Park

Last week was smooth sailing with a brief 9 mile run! My foot still hurt after the run so I need to get fitted for new shoes but that will unfortunately have to wait until the end of the month when payday rolls around again! For the run this weekend I'm going to wear my old running shoes that have more room in the width. I wore them for the maintenance runs this week and my foot didn't bother me. I'll bring the other shoes in case the old shoes give me problems but hopefully I can accomplish this huge milestone.

This week is the 20 mile run. It seems so daunting to me especially since the last long run I was able to complete was the 14 miler. It will just be Tara and I out on the trail as Robi is in Brazil. I will have a little support group out there with me this weekend thought. Phillip and Dolly are going to hit the trail this weekend to be water volunteers. The most difficult part of running these distances is not the actual miles but the mental power need to overcome the body and push through the wall.

It will be a colorful run too. We are all wearing RED this week to show others on the trail why we are running-to help and support those living with HIV/AIDS. I'll be sure to bring the camera and take some photos to post.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my avid-marathon co-worker stops by my office today...with his foot in a splint. Ankle aggravation from old injuries. He has surgery this week and will be sitting out the Marine Corps marathon.

And I though running was supposed to be healthy...

9:20 PM  
Blogger Two Braids said...

Ohh that stinks! Will he be sitting on the sidelines cheering all the rest of crazies on?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good question. My guess is that he'll be trying to use it to lure some unsuspecting female into his lair...he's the real smooth operator.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home