The Adventures of Two Braids and Swift Like the Wind

This is the journal of two first time marathon runners. We are beginning to train with the National Aids Marathon Training Program in order to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC on October 29.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Haven't thrown the towel in

I'm still in recovery mode but my spirit isn't broken yet. My coach, Amy, has prescribe insoles for me, more resting of my foot, massage, and worst of all no running. That being said I am to swim, bike, and train on the elliptical trainer to keep me in shape and keep my heart rate up. I should be back on track for the 8 mile recovery run a week from Sunday. I guess I'm a true runner now because I actually miss running! Never would have guessed it! It's frustrating right now but better to correct the problem than further damage my foot.

Swift like the Wind has been gallivanting around Europe and trying to fit runs in when she can. She emailed the other day and said she feels a bit off kilter because it is difficult to run when she has been on her feet sight seeing all day. Not to mention her biological clock is all skewed because she is eating and sleeping at completely different times than when they are state side.

On a different note I'm in the home stretch for my fundraising. It is a nerveracking process because donations take a few days to get processed and posted on the web. This is especially true for donations that are mailed in. I'm very nervous that I'm not going to hit the required goal of $1700.00 let alone my personal goal of $2000.00. I am so grateful for everyone who has donated thus far! It is amazing to know that not only do those who have donated support me as a runner but also believe in the cause enough to support me on behalf of the Whitman-Walker AIDS Clinic. THANK YOU!

If you have not yet had an opportunity to donate please click on the link in the left side bar that says "Make a Donation." Donations should be made before August 1, 2006. Please email me if you have any questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home